When it comes to survival for living organisms, water is absolutely crucial. Some of the examples of living organisms include; humans, animals, microorganisms, and plants. Today, water is able to connect everywhere thanks to the plumbing system where this concept was introduced initially by the Romans, Greeks, Indians, Chinese, and Persians. You can learn more about the plumbing system which we are familiar with today with some of these interesting historical facts.
- The plumbing pipes which we know today were first made by Egyptians by using straw and baked clay. Moreover, the Egyptians also introduced the water-well system by using copper wires for digging up to a 300feet.
- We are all familiar with hot and cold running water concepts which we use on a daily basis. However, this concept was first learned by the Greeks who were also masters of introducing shower technology.
- Thanks to modern technology, it is easy to transfer water from mountains to different parts such as towns and cities. But this concept was learned by the Romans.
- The modern toilet which we use today on a daily basis was introduced by Alexander Cumming. He is the first one to get it patented in the year of 1775.
- Queen Elizabeth 1 received a flushable toilet from a gentleman called John Harrington. However, she was sure to be freaked out as soon as she heard the gushing sound after every use.
These are just a few historical facts about the plumbing system that we are aware of. In the area of Coffs Harbour bathrooms problems are dealt by professional plumbers.