This is true that dogs also need entertainment in their life like human beings. One of the best ways to give your dog enrichment is through their food allowance – especially if they finish their meals very quickly.
Lick pads are one of the enrichment toys that keep your dogs happy and entertained too. Lick pads come in various shapes and sizes. The best part is that they are one of the cheapest dog enrichment toys you can buy at affordable rates. To choose the best quality of Sodapup dog lick pads you can visit their website too.
There are various types of food with you can put on enrichment lick mats:
- Peanut butter is a quick and easy ingredient. If you have peanut butter, avoid a brand that contains xylitol in it, because it can cause harm to your dog’s health.
- Yogurt is another ingredient that you can put on a lick mat. It contains calcium and protein too, It acts as a probiotic, which can be good for dogs' digestive systems. If you put yogurt on lick mats, it should be plain and free from any sweeteners.
- Fruits like apples, blueberries, bananas, watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, pineapples, pears, oranges, peaches, and mangos make fantastic treats for dogs.
- Not only are they high in vitamins B6 and C, but also contain potassium, which is why vets specifically recommend this fruit as a healthy dog treat.
- Also, there are various vegetables that are high in nutritional value including green beans, spinach, carrots, peas, sprouts, and broccoli. You can half cook them and make a paste of these veggies to spread them on lick pads.
Once you spread food on lick mats, you can consider freezing them so that that will increase the licking challenge and extend the amount of time it takes your dog to finish the food.